Thursday, June 24, 2010

MAC OS X Orientation

In the first week of class, we were instructed that we would be using MAC computer's and software throughout the semester. I, personally, do not have much experience with MAC's, and I began to feel nervous about the upcoming semester. However, once I completed the MAC orientation, I felt more comfortable with the software. The orientation explained the desktop layout, including the dock, the menu bar, and the finder window. One major difference I learned in the MAC/PC is that the control key on a PC is now the command key on a MAC.

Learning how to use a MAC and it's programs serves as a very helpful tool to the field of education. With classroom settings becoming more and more reliant on technology, being acclimated to new programming will only help create a better teacher. In knowing how to use a PC and a MAC, I will be able to help my students operate these programs with ease. However, by the time I graduate and actually become a teacher, there will, without a doubt, be tons of new technology that I will be need to learn, as well.


This video helps relates to the MAC orientation we had to do, because it virtually teaches the audience how to operate within a MAC.
">

No comments:

Post a Comment